Creative Life is a Community Arts initiative engaging youth aged 13-25 in East Vancouver who face the challenges of homelessness, poverty and addiction. In Creative Life we celebrate the creativity and resourcefulness of youth living on the margins.
Through engagement in the arts, we give an opportunity and a safe space for creative discovery, expression and community involvement, while enabling youth to find belonging and discover their capacity, identity and purpose.
We see each youth as having a unique perspective and a unique way to impact the world around them. We believe in the power of story telling and the transformation that creative collaboration can initiate.
We see the importance of giving opportunity to youth to express themselves. We want to help youth discover and tell their story through creative art. We have incorporated this into everything that we do.
What We Do
- Open Studio – a space for creative discovery and expression (3 hours, once a week)
- Community Drop-in – taking opportunities for creative engagement into a community space
- Instructional workshops – for skill development in various art disciplines, facilitated by community artists.
- Youth lead projects – cultivate leadership, community involvement, social change and the development of soft skills.
- Donations of supplies
- Financial Support
- Partner with us as a Creative Life volunteer:
- Join us an Artist Volunteer by supporting the coordination of a program, or facilitating a workshop.
- Come on board as a Support Volunteer and offering skills in fundraising, space and volunteer coordination, advocacy and events.